New Website: Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
World Wide Web Solutions have published a new local website for acupuncturist Colin Biddle at The Appleton Clinic.
Recognised as one of the most tried and tested forms of medicine in the world, Chinese Medicine adopts a body-mind approach to treatment of even the simplest of illnesses.
Harmony and balance in all areas of life are central to this form of medicine. Health and Wholeness represent balance and loss of this state can lead to illness.
Acupuncturists recognise that energy flows along channels below the skin. Any obstacle to that flow can lead to pain and ill health.
By looking at the symptoms of the illness along with other contributory factors such as diet, age, work routines, past illness and traumas, a picture can be built up which helps us to understand how to restore the balance and bring the person back to health.
B.Sc.,B.A., Cert. Ed., D.O.,M.B.Ac.C.,Cert.Cl.Ac.(China)
- Treatments always begin with a diagnosis.
- This may involve pulse and history taking.
- Treatment is aimed at restoring the correct energy imbalance.
- This can involve massage and manipulation, acupuncture, diet and herbal therapy.
- Lifestyle changes are often beneficial
- Treatments may be weekly to begin with then less often as there is improvement.
- You may prefer to talk to your doctor before treatment but you are not obliged to.
- We use the Department of Health's recommendations for sterilization and safety
- All members of the British Acupuncture Council have also passed examinations in western medical sciences.
- All members are bound by the society's code of ethics.
- All members have Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance.