Monmouth Children’s Market at Christmas
The first ever Monmouth Children’s Market takes place under the arches at the Shire Hall on Wednesday 21st December from 11am until 3 pm. The market sells loads of exciting edible and craft products made and sold by local children.
The market has been organised by 13-year old Isaac Gordon-Bruno. The event will be opening at 11am.
Isaac said: "I wanted to give children a chance to have a go at running their own business. There’s been lots of interest. I think it would be great if there could be a regular children’s market in town. Lots of children have good ideas, but it is really hard to get them into the marketplace."
Stalls will include:
- Sweetie Treats selling cakes and biscuits
- Magic Gifts selling jewelry and wood craft products
- Doggie Heaven selling home-made dog biscuits
- The Paper Menagerie offering colourful origami
- The Viking Voyager selling braid, faux fur jackets and runes
- Baublicious selling edible Christmas decorations
- Fun Felt selling felted jewelry
plus others offering knitted hairbands, photo cards paper flowers and much more. The ideal place to buy fun and original gifts!
A percentage of the profits will go to Save the Children.